EN 10288:2002 is a European standard titled “Steel tubes and fittings for onshore and offshore pipelines – External liquid applied epoxy and epoxy-modified coatings.” It specifies the requirements for external liquid applied epoxy and epoxy-modified coatings for the corrosion protection of steel tubes and fittings used in onshore and offshore pipelines.
The standard sets out the characteristics of the coatings, including their composition, application procedures, and performance requirements. It covers coatings that are used for the protection of steel tubes and fittings against corrosion caused by external environments such as soil, water, and atmospheric conditions.
EN 10288:2002 provides guidelines for the selection and application of the coatings, as well as the testing methods and acceptance criteria for assessing the coating’s performance. It also includes provisions for the inspection, marking, and documentation of the coated tubes and fittings.
EN 10288:2002, “Steel Tubes and Fittings for Onshore and Offshore Pipelines – Internal Liquid Applied Epoxy and Epoxy-phenolic Lining,” Wilson Pipeline contains several sections that outline the requirements and specifications for steel tubes and fittings with internal linings. Here is a breakdown of the main content areas covered by the standard:
1. Scope: This section defines the scope of the standard, specifying the types of steel tubes and fittings covered and the intended applications, primarily for onshore and offshore pipelines.
2. Normative References: This section lists the referenced standards that are applicable to EN 10288:2002, providing additional guidance and requirements.
3. Terms and Definitions: This section defines the key terms used throughout the standard to ensure consistent interpretation and understanding.
4. Materials and Manufacture: This section describes the requirements for the base steel used in the tubes and fittings, including the chemical composition and mechanical properties. It also covers the manufacturing processes, such as tube production methods (e.g., seamless or welded) and forming of fittings.
5. Dimensions, Tolerances, and Surface Condition: This section specifies the dimensional requirements, tolerances, and surface conditions for the steel tubes and fittings, including outer diameter, wall thickness, and length.
6. Internal Lining: This section provides detailed specifications for the internal liquid-applied epoxy and epoxy-phenolic linings, including the requirements for the coating systems, surface preparation, application procedures, and curing processes. It covers aspects such as film thickness, adhesion, impact resistance, and other performance characteristics.
7. Testing and Inspection: This section outlines the testing and inspection procedures to be carried out to assess the quality and performance of the steel tubes and fittings. It includes various tests such as adhesion tests, impact resistance tests, and thickness measurements.
8. Marking, Packaging, and Documentation: This section specifies the requirements for marking the tubes and fittings, including identification codes, manufacturer’s name, and other relevant information. It also covers packaging and documentation requirements for transportation and traceability purposes.
It’s important to note that the content and structure of the standard may vary between different editions and versions. Therefore, for the most accurate and up-to-date information, it is recommended to refer to the specific edition of EN 10288:2002.